Today, I have a friend visiting. She has the most adorable blog.
And guess what? It's a food blog. And we know how I love me some food.
I actually have a goal to make the goodness she is sharing with us today. And naturally, I will let y'all know how it goes. Let me know if you try it too. :)
She talks about cake, a lot, who wouldn't love that?
My name is Neja, a Slovenian girl behind the blog You CAN have your cake and eat it too.
I am a girl who can turn wearing an apron into something cool. Food is my passion. I love to eat it, talk about it, photograph it! I cry when the recipe doesn't work! I am a passionate rambler, out loud thinker and a seeker of positive, beautiful things. I believe you CAN have your cake & eat it too!
The blog: I explore and try out recipes from other blogs, cooking sites and cooking books. My blog is mainly about food, but that's not all. I have a category named Neja's Milkshake, where I share my thoughts, videos, pics from trips and everything that's beautiful and positive.
Veggie Burgers with Sweet Potatoes
400 g white beans
1 sweet potato
1/4 cup Wholemeal flour
Whole grain bun
1 tsp of agave syrup
1. Bake sweet potato (200°C 40 min). Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
3. Mash in cayenne pepper, agave syrup, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture
will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a
scoop of breadcrumbs.
4. Heat oil in the pan.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in crumbs. Thick coating. Then drop the patty in the
pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides.
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel to soak oil.
7. Serve on bun, add spinach, onion, avocado and add a few drops of olive oil to avocado.
Looks yummy, right?
You should go check out her blog! She recently posted recipe for white hot chocolate and it looks divine!